Pixeleted Sculptures by Shawn Smith

    Austin based artist Shawn Smith is behind these stunning animal sculptures that bring digital 3D pixels into the real world. The sculptures are made out of hundreds of pieces of wood and colored with acrylic.

    shawn-smith (4)

    I find images of my subjects online and then create three dimensional sculptural representations of these two-dimensional images. I Build my “Re-things’ pixel by pixel to find out how each pixel plays a crucial role in the identity of an object. Through the process of pixilation, color is distilled, some bits of information are lost, and the form is abstracted. Making the intangible tangible, I view my building process as an experiment in alchemy, using man-made composite and recycled materials to represent natural forms.

    shawn-smith (1)

    shawn-smith (2)

    shawn-smith (3)

    shawn-smith (5)

    shawn-smith (6)

    shawn-smith (7)

    shawn-smith (8)

    shawn-smith (9)

    shawn-smith (10)

    shawn-smith (11)

    shawn-smith (12)

    shawn-smith (13)

    shawn-smith (14)

Blog Archive

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid 

Display Banner

Total Pageviews