Photographer Mariel Clayton explorers the evil and hitherto unknown side of the famous doll character. When asked why she did it, Clayton explains: ‘Because I hate Barbie. I intensely dislike the stereotype that the “ideal” female fits no current authentic female form. You can’t get to be Barbie without an ocean’s worth of peroxide, 27 plastic surgeries and a complete lack of intelligence, so it irritates me immensely that this is the toy of choice women give to their daughters to emulate. Behind the vacuous perpetual lipsticked-smile lurks the black heart of the true sociopath, just like in real life’.
- Adrienne Antonson Makes Insects Out of Human Hair
- Wonderful Book Origami by Isaac Salazar
- Chocolate Sculptures at Exhibition in Hong Kong
- Tottori Sand Dunes: A Mini Desert in Japan
- The Dark Side of Barbie
- Abandoned World War II Bunkers by Jonathan Andrew
- Penemuan ini ditemukan oleh tim Peneliti dari Jepa...
- Atmosphere Plays Light Tricks As Rocket Launches O...
- Insects Made From Matchsticks
- ▼ January (9)
- ► 2010 (398)